[dfads params='groups=4969&limit=1&orderby=random']

Planning to Ride Your OHV in Utah?

By By

Officials with the Utah State Parks and Recreation remind all non resident off highway vehicle (OHV) operators, including snowmobilers, that they may need to register their machines in Utah before operating on public lands.
If the operator’s state of residency does not require registration or Utah does not accept their state’s registration, operators will need to purchase a $30 non resident permit to ride in Utah. Non resident permits are available at all Utah Maverik convenience stores and these participating out of state stores: Flagstaff, Ariz.; Page, Ariz.; Cortez, Colo.; Burley, Idaho; Montpelier, Idaho; Pocatello, Idaho; Evanston, Wyo.; Green River, Wyo.; Lyman, Wyo.; Rock Springs, Wyo.; and Mountain View, Wyo.
In addition to registration, Utah law requires all resident and non resident operators 8-15 to take the Know Before You Go snowmobile, ATV and motorbike education classes. Drivers 16 years and older must have a valid drivers license or OHV education certificate. Classes are available throughout the year and offered statewide for $10.
For Know Before You Go program registration, OHV registration or for more information, please contact the Utah State Parks and Recreation OHV Education office at 1-800-OHV-RIDE.

[dfads params='groups=1745&limit=1&orderby=random']
scroll to top